me & love & the world

" your smile will always be within my deepest soul. thou shan't remember the bad .. but embrace my good.. your smile will never leave my heart and I will always be there if you need to. i love you "

Saturday, November 18, 2006

this day is going to come

It was just yesterday over coffee with a good office mate of mine, when suddenly he said this to me, "Hey, at this age, shouldnt we be talking about things that are more serious, why are we still talking about army daze? ".

Although this means nothing, but it just ponders me ..

A lot of times, i have been talking about how time flies .. how things have changed, things i have seen, things that people have been talking about and also things that people around me are doing.

race against time indeed! haha .. no joke.

Every week, my friend would tell me about their job, my friend in an IT firm would tell me about how they are being exploit, always doing much more than they should and endless assignment and of course tonnes of unwilling OT, BUT the pay remains the same.

2 of them ..

Another one, working in a bank would do day after day of OT, he would tell me his lunch would always been on his desk and he would report for work in the early morning and by the time he leave .. everywhere would be deserted. He will be so tired that the next natural thing to do is to sleep.

While another working as a technician trainee has AWOL since many weeks ago .. 2 air force technician has since found another world of their own, where, it is a rare thing to see them now. And there's one more, he used-to be a financial planner and is now working as a relations officer, unwillingly, but he's happy anyway.

while theres a still a good friend of mine, is working working with SPH in the HR dept while waiting for his course in NTU to start. And also one of my best friend, he is working as a event planner and is going to his second year. Everything is like so fast that it was just last week, when he joined the company.

another one of my best friend will be starting his job as a nurse, next year.

while some have already married and one just registered for a house.

and many have already applied for a slot in the university.

At this point of time. everyone is slogging for a living. and many are still in the infant stage of either a successful career or into their studies.

and as for me?

I'm still well-protected in a comfort zone, but will be re-joining the society soon.

But the fact is the whole lot of my friends are scared. Though most are working, but is it enough? enough to start a family? enough to buy a car? buy a flat? and before all this, enough to get married?

as guys, a hell lot of responsibility lies on our shoulder. But are we shifting responsibility? NO! well, thats only MY opinion, others .. i don't know.

who wouldnt want their future spouses to enjoy good life? who wouldnt want to buy a nice flat or a nice car? and in future, a good education for their child?

One of an easy way out would be to sign-on as a soldier regular. Its good pay, annually bonuses, attractive welfare and benefits, excellent career advancement and best part is if you're not a screw-up person and as long as you work hard and show a decent conduct. This job is for life and altogether with these perks. It's all so well-planned and you're well protected.

but to get all these, you need to exchange with absolute freedom. Well, anyway it's good and bad.

I've already got my plans out for the next decade .. minus the marriage part.

which i think is fortunate for me, as most of my peers are still unsure of what they're going to do or are just doing things which they're doing now, blindly.

A degree though paves way for a good career but it sure cannot guaranteed you big money, but in this current society, we need it, as it also reflects one's social status. And its a cold hard reality!

it is not going to be easy, i know. But nothing in life is easy, isnt it? and what do i have to lose? or rather we have to lose?

Of course marriage is something i have thought of, but .. its just a split second thinking.

There was once a good girl, but I'm young and naive, i admitted it. There're many things i should have do. Well, although I still really misses her much, but .. anyway, lets just see how it goes.

Everybody is learning, so am I.

Throughout these months, i have been counting for days to pass and to the day when i can finally join my friends. To achieve what i am going to achieve. For i have already rest well, and think about all the things that i want to accomplished.

i'm so glad im feeling so excited and wanting to get it done, rather than feeling scared ..

though, it is so near yet so far, but the days are counting ..

" 谢谢你让我听见 因为我在等待永远 "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home